5/19/2014

Day 26





In the studio where I practice the last evening class on Friday's is usually a candle lit class. Up until now I have instinctively avoided these, but last week due to a number of engagements I had on during the day, had no choice but give it a go. This is meant to be a good way of unwinding at the end of a busy week. I however, did not find it relaxing. It was hard work, the room was very hot and unusually humid, more than on your average bikram day. This meant that even before the class begun, while waiting on the mat, I noticed small drops of sweat rolling down my back. The fact that you can't see yourself in the mirrors also means that you need to really go back to your body and concentrate super hard on every little inch of it to find all those little adjustments that one needs to make in different postures. I don't think the candle lit class will be on my regular schedule in future, as it kind of goes against of things that I embrace in bikram - one of which is the open eye meditation in bright light environment. Looking at your very scarcely dressed reflection in the brightest of lights for 90 minutes some may call brutal, I on the other hand find liberating. You learn to appreciate your body and what it can do. Love and cherish any imperfections no matter how big or small because they are there for a reason and make you who you are. Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment