4/29/2014

Day 8

Ok, so today turned out to be a family yoga day. My 3 year old has been very intrigued by what I am doing and increasingly pulling out my yoga mat for some self initiated 'stretching' as she calls it. I therefore decided to take her to try out kids yoga. Having looked up some classes in the area the closest one turned out the be the kids class taught by wonderful Antonia Pollock.  I took Antonia's pregnancy yoga classes 4 years ago when pregnant with Mila and loved them, as they were relaxing and really helped with pregnancy induced back pain. I have to say though I probably had more fun on this kids class as all of the kids seemed to be enjoying Antonia's story telling and there was some serious 'stretching' involved both for little ones and parents. The whole thing felt very special to me, as the last time I've been to that particular studio and saw Antonia my now 3 yr old was inside my tummy, and here she was today running around and we were doing it together. Amazing. Mila was thrilled and apparently can't wait to go back. Here she is glowing and putting her mat away after the class...


After my morning kids class I decided to go for a 5 pm bikram session. I persuaded my husband to join me. He has done quite a few classes with me over the last couple of years but hasn't been since his bikram days in Geneva. At first he was reluctant to go, but I bet the prospect of having to scoop out another poo from the bath water gave him that extra push he needed. We left the girls with nanny and headed for the studio. The practice was tough. Not sure why, I just felt extremely hot. I was also distracted by looking at my husband in the mirror and checking to see how he's doing. My Standing Head to Knee still there, so was happy once again to be able to put my forehead to my knee. Felt good after we rushed straight out from the studio and drove home. Not sure how good my husband felt though as he kept muttering words: 'unsettling', 'disturbed', 'brutal'..........


Here he is still sweating, and I promise, it wasn't heated conversation this time. I had very little to do with it, well except for making him go.

Epsom salt bath tonight for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment