5/11/2014

Day 19

I woke up at 4.45 am. Snoozed for 15 mins and then at 5am sharp - crawled out of bed on all fours. What was I doing up so early? Well, trying to get to studio by 6am for the worst, toughest yoga session ever. And by saying ever, I really mean EVER. In retrospect, even my first bikram yoga class all those years ago now seems like a breeze. What happened? Not, sure but it felt like a 12 force gale storm. Hurricane. Nothing worked, my breathing, body, mind, everything was disconnected. Is this the famous day 19 wall I've been told about? If yes, then - damn, that's one tall wall! Perhaps it was just the fact that the timing was totally out of sync with my body clock. I haven't slept enough, and at this time of day usually I am still tucked away in my bed not trying to touch my forehead to my knee while balancing on one foot. In any case, I had to do this one so early and rush straight back home and then straight onto a friend's wedding. So I guess it was all worth it. Speaking of weddings, I just realised the one thing I haven't mentioned so far in my blog is - alcohol. Basically, I more or less gave it up totally before embarking on this. So from day one I virtually had no alcohol until this Friday. Friday was a wedding day after all so I had 2 glasses of champagne. The first one went straight to my head, and I nursed the second one for ages, struggling to finish it. I don't miss it that much and definitely intend to stay well away for the next 11 days. Namaste!


No comments:

Post a Comment