5/05/2014

Day 14





Late class today. Feeling much better than past two days, cold definitely shifting. Considering I've took it easy on Friday and Saturday I decided to take a spot in the front row and push myself more. Whenever I practice in the front row in front of the mirror I feel that I work harder as my focus is firm and considering you can see yourself perfectly you are able to track those tiny adjustments in your body that make all the difference. I am becoming slightly obsessed with the Standing Separate Leg Stretching posture. It seems like I've reached some sort of ceiling that I need to break through, just not sure how yet. The advice that I've heard is to make a large step and then instead of keeping your arms up to try putting them on the hips and relax your torso down to make it sink into the crotch. This is supposed to push your buttocks backwards. Once that is done you can lift your arms back up and reassume the pose. Lower down, knees locked, grab on your heels and pull. One correction that I have made and that seems to be making some difference is to place more of the body weight into the heels. So far I think I've been placing my weight too much forward. However, even with all of that my head is just inches above the ground and simply won't go down further and touch the floor. Beginning to think it's my lower back - too tight. Something to work on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment