5/05/2014

Day 15



Today I reached a big milestone - 15 days - half way through my challenge! Looking back over the last two weeks I can honestly say I have enjoyed every minute of it and can't wait for what is yet to come. It's a journey, some days are tough, some are funny, some hurt, some are surprisingly easy. The thing is, you can't really tell what it's going to be like until you're in that hot room. Makes you think; I guess it's like most of things in life. In such pensive mood this morning I decided to go to the 8 am class so that I can make the most of the sunny weather and the day that was ahead. This is the second time when I've been to the late class on the night before and then went straight in again first thing the following morning. It seems to be that my body needs more time to recover, well at least a bit more than twelve hours... Just like during the previous early class, today my body was stiff and my muscles were really tight. My Standing Separate Leg Stretching posture hasn't progressed much since yesterday, in fact I think it's regressed a little bit. But, hey - it's ok. I'm taking it one day at the time. One day my forehead will be on the floor. I also noticed one funny thing today - I am getting friction, probably more accurate to call them towel burns on the arches on top of my feet. The first time I noticed this was today during the Fixed Firm Posture, as my skin was burning in those spots as I was trying to arch my back. I am guessing these are mainly the result of Fixed Firm, Camel and Half Tortoise. I also have slight bruising to my skin at my hipbones, need to thank the Full Locust and Bow pose for those ones. Overall a good practice. It was still early when I left the studio so I had the rest of the day to spend with my daughters. Watching them play in park today, holding hands and wandering away from me these famous lines came to my mind:

'Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.'

(Khalil Gibran; The Prophet, 1923)

Something every parent should be reminded of every now and then. Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment