4/24/2014

Day 4

Over the last couple of days I have been drinking approximately 3 litres of water per day but still it seems I am not re-hydrating enough. This morning I woke up with a slight headache which got progressively worse as the day went on. Went to the 4pm class wondering how I'm going to get through the 90 minutes at 42 degree C with my head already feeling like it's about to explode. The class wasn't busy so there were plenty of spots to choose from. Surprisingly once we started, as I moved through asanas the pain kept losing on intensity and by the end of the session it was completely gone. I took my time and really relaxed in the final Savasana. By the time I showered and left the studio, not just that the pain was gone, I was far more relaxed and energised than earlier on in the day. In terms of practice, seems like my focus is coming back and balancing poses are really the ones I am enjoying at the moment. I read somewhere that for yoga you need strength, balance and flexibility but that most people lack and need to work on one of these. Well, looks like my balance is definitely here. At the moment the Pulling Bow Standing posture is my favourite, as I am finally getting the hang of the kicking the leg part. In any case, today was a reminder to rethink my re-hydration. I got some of the Emergen C sachets which I can use in the water after the class and help replace lost electrolytes. Meet my new friends....


No comments:

Post a Comment