4/26/2014

Day 6


Last night, after the super heated yoga class I finally decided to use the Epsom salts recommended by one of the teachers to help relieve aches and muscle pains I've been having. I filled the bath with warm water and put in about 1 cup of this remedy and just lied there for about half an hour. Seems like it really helped with muscular pain, but the thing that surprised me more was how soft my skin was afterwards. Quick google search on magnesium sulfate and it turns out this little remedy can be used for many other things. It's a treatment for eclampsia in pregnant women, in baths for pain relief, eczma treatment, smoothing out wrinkles ( not that I have any....ahm, ahm), hair volumising, softening dry skin to name just a few. Both magnesium and sulfate play important role in a body. Magnesium helps regulate the body's enzyme activity and sulfate hepls create joint proteins and strengthens the walls of digestive tract. By taking Epsom salt baths both of these can be absorbed through skin, so great for restoring the levels especially for those suffering from deficiency.

This morning I decided to go for a 10am class. Upon arrival checked with guys at reception - heather problem solved - I proceeded in. Got a spot on the mat at the back of the room as I have decided to move around every session to bring a bit of a change into my practice (and maybe even find out where the super hot spots are so I can avoid those in the future...) When the teacher came in it surprised me when I recognised her. She thought me my first ever bikram yoga class back in 2007 at a different studio close to my then office and I had no idea that she now worked in this one too. Having seen her, I was looking forward to the class as she was one of my favourite teachers back then and I'd always leave her classes having improved at least one of my postures. This happened today, during the triangle pose (a master posture, that I've been having a love-hate relationship ever since 2008 - deserves a separate post of its own one of these days). She came and adjusted my alignment of the extended leg by turning my hip/knee towards the floor slightly. This in turn helped my balance, and helped me sink my hips even deeper to the ground. Triangle - finally getting there...


No comments:

Post a Comment